Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Herbed Zucchini Fritters


It's been quite warm the past few days. It reminds me of summer... until it starts to sprinkle. I'm excited for the fall. This recipe I created from some food blogs I read that were making zucchini fritters. I decided to use up the rest of my poor decrepit basil plant. The result was awesome!

Herbed Zucchini Fritters
Makes approximately 6 fritters
Adapted from Simply Recipes

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb of zucchini (about 2 medium sized), coarsely grated
  • Kosher salt
  • Ground black pepper
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 scallions, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 2 Tbsp fresh basil 
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 
  • 1/2 cup grape seed oil or olive oil 
  • Sour cream or plain yogurt
  Method:
  1. Salt the zucchini with about 1 teaspoon of salt and let drain in a colander for approximately 10 minutes.
  2. Whisk egg in a large bowl then add the zucchini, flour, scallions, and pepper (~1/4 tsp). Mix to combine well.
  3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook fritters by dropping approximately 2 tablespoons of mixture into the skillet and pressing flat. Cook for 4-6 minutes on each side. You may have to work in batches (made two batches of three fritters). Transfer cooked fritters to a paper towel to drain the oil. 
  4. Taste and salt if needed.
  5. Serve with sour cream or plain yogurt.
Wow these photos are horrible. Believe me the fritters are better than the photos. Some day I'll get a hang of the photography!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails